Friday, March 8, 2013

I did it!!!

OMGosh! I did it, I did it, I did it!!!!

OK, so this may not seem big to anyone else, but for me it's huge. My favorite class at the gym is Power. They've made some changes and now the class is called BodyPump. Same format, different program - I think. Anyway, that's irrelevant. I haven't been able to take this class is years. First it started with two carpal tunnel surgeries. I couldn't lift a weight bar if I had tried - believe me, I wanted to. Then, right after the second carpal tunnel surgery I injured my knee, followed by a knee surgery. Then, a year or so later I had surgery on my other knee. I had just about gotten to where I was ready to try and do the class when I fell at work and hurt, you guessed it, my knee. Fortunately it was just a sprain.

So, today I figured I'd give BodyPump a try. I freakin' did it!!!! Woohoo!!! I couldn't do all the squats and lunges - I'm just not there yet. But I did some, and I can definitely feel the workout all over my body. This is huge for me. I feel like if I can get back into this class I can start building up strength again. My next challenge is the elliptical. I need to get some aerobic activity in, and I just don't think I'm ready for Zumba yet. LOL It's fun, but that class is intense!

So, there you have it. My mini victory for the day. Can't wait till my clothes get too big for me. :-) I figure if I have to buy shorts this summer, I should at least have to buy them in a smaller size, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment