Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Learned Something New

I went to the grocery store last night and picked up some fruit (among other things). This morning I took the time to rinse the grapes and cherries, and I sliced the 1/2 watermelon I bought. My picky kids who I thought really only liked to snack on yogurt, crackers, string cheese, and chips couldn't get enough of the fruit. C was eating the grapes and cherries as quickly as I was rinsing them. When I started slicing the watermelon, I had all the kids (my two, plus my friend's son who is over here for the day) waiting for me to give them some.

Lesson learned... if I keep fresh fruit in the house and ready to eat, the kids are going to eat it.

At one point, I told C to go get a cheese or yogurt.. she wouldn't. She wanted to fruit. Yay! I still want her to eat the other foods (maybe not the chips, though they don't really eat a lot of that), but C was eating 4-5 cheese sticks a day if I didn't watch her closely.

It's my hope and prayer that the healthy changes I'm making in my own eating habits will have a positive effect on my husband and children, as well. I married a picky eater, and I've given birth to two picky eaters. It's time to start expanding the list of food they'll eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment