Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Plan

I've decided to try this for one week at a time. I'm not going to worry about next month or two months from now. Yes, I do have a long-term goal. But I am not planning food or exercise for two or three weeks at a time. I get too overwhelmed.

Monday: Elliptical (and/or Zumba if soccer gets canceled)
Tuesday: BodyPump
Wednesday: Elliptical
Thursday: Body Pump
Friday: Either Elliptical or Body Pump (depending on how the week is going and what needs to be done to prepare for soccer this weekend)
Saturday: Free Choice - do something or nothing
Sunday: Free Choice - do something or nothing

Hubby and I talked it over, and meals are going to be simple. A grilled meat (love using the indoor grill) and a veggie most days. We need simple during these crazy soccer days. Plus, we're both working full-time, I'm working on my Masters, we have to shuttle kids to to soccer or ballet, he runs the soccer program, we both want to make exercise a priority, and we have church activities a few days a week. It makes for a busy schedule, but it's worth it. And some of it only lasts a few weeks. We can handle it, but we have to plan and be on the same page.

We also talked about a long-term goal. We want to do a four-mile run in August. I haven't run in a couple years. I wasn't the best runner (I usually finished last), but I did it. There's an organization we both support for a friend whose son receives their services. It's called the Lekotek run. We've decided we'd like to run it this year - hubby, "L", and me... maybe "C" as well. We'll have to work on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment