Monday, July 14, 2014

Rethinking Food

I grew up with a "this is for breakfast, this is for lunch, and this is for dinner" mentality. On Sundays, we ate a big lunch and small dinner, and occasionally we had breakfast for dinner. But rarely did we have veggies for breakfast. I'm not knocking it, it's just how it was. Now that I'm trying to eat better I am trying to incorporate more veggies and fruit into all meals, not just lunch and dinner.



I have to tell you... breakfast was AH-MAZE-ING today!!! Two fresh eggs, homegrown tomato (I ate the whole thing), and some sauteed spinach. Yum!!!

I don't eat that everyday. Some days it's eggs and toast. Others it's oatmeal. Some days I just have a PR1ME90 protein shake. I don't do that often, but sometimes I just don't feel like eating, and so it works for me. I want to get more "raw" so I may start doing fruit or veggie smoothies and juicing, soon. I've always said I could never be vegetarian or vegan, but I'm kinda thinking along those lines. I have nothing against meat, but I'm learning I have so many food addictions (processed garbage that actually is addictive) that I want to get back to nature as much as possible with only small amounts of meat protein from chicken, fish, or eggs. I have a long way to go and a lot to learn as I embark on eating a healthier diet and living a healthier lifestyle.



My husband and children will be a challenge. They DO NOT care for veggies, and only a few fruits. And my kids would rather not eat than have to eat veggies or grilled chicken or fish. It's definitely a road I'll be traveling alone while hoping that some of my eating choices will rub off on them. Fortunately, my husband is VERY supportive and will help with limiting the processed crap in the house. It doesn't mean he and the kids won't eat it, but at least there won't be an overabundance of it here. Baby steps. I'll take it. Hopefully our nutrition roads will intersect more and more often until they are mostly on the same road with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment