Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Happiest Place On Earth

The family and I are in Florida this week. We came down Sunday night to spend time with my in-laws. We've had an amazing time. We hung out Monday morning here in Satellite Beach - my in-laws live a couple blocks from the ocean. Sweet! Then, Monday afternoon we made our way over to Orlando.. checked into our hotel, and headed out to dinner. Fuddruckers. Needless to say, I didn't exactly eat great that night. I enjoyed it a whole heck of a lot, though.

Tuesday we went to Disney's Magic Kingdom. I love Disney. We walked (and walked... .and walked... and walked a little more) until I thought my feet were going to fall off. It doesn't help that I'm still having issues with my foot and knee from when I fell in June, but I did it. And even more impressive is I didn't complain too much. I can't say I ate very well at the hotel (breakfast) or at Disney (lunch) or at IHOP (dinner). But again, I sure did enjoy it.

On a funny side-note... my daughter is the only kid I know who thinks The People Mover is a thrill ride. We rode it twice, and the second time she was yelling, "Woohoo!!!" everytime it sped up a little. It was absolutely hysterical. The other "must-do" for Colleen.. the Carousel of Progress. Seriously... you sit in a chair, and the building turns so you end up seeing different scenes to show how we've progressed from the turn-of-the-century times to a little more recent times. Logan loved It's a Small World and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Wednesday, we slept in a little, had breakfast at the hotel again, and then headed over to Downtown Disney. Had a blast! We walked through the stores and did a little shopping. We ate at the T-Rex Cafe. (I think that's the name.) Oh boy, did I not eat right, there. I had mushroom ravioli in some kind of cream sauce. It was divine. We left at around 3:30 and headed back to Satellite Beach, where we drove over to Pat's Place (I'm not sure if it's in Satellite Beach or another city) for dinner. I had spanikopita and a Greek salad.

So, here it is Thursday morning. After all the yummy food I've eaten this week... I'll be shocked if I have a loss this week. But you know, I'm not going to be upset about it. It is what it is. I had a blast. I enjoyed what I ate. And now it's time to start making those wise food choices I told myself I'd make while on vacation. We head home tomorrow, and Saturday is my Weight Watchers meeting. It could be a bit (a lot) scary, but it is what it is. The important thing for me is that I don't let a (possible) gain derail me. I have to pick up right where I left off before vacation and keep moving forward. I know I can do it, I just need to not lose that momentum that I had before we left Georgia.

1 comment: