Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Where do I start?

I have been on a diet since I was a teenager... with breaks thrown in here and there. I've given up, regained, and started over again so many times. I've tried Atkins, South Beach, cabbage soup, Weight Watchers, diet pills, etc.

So, I don't really need to know where to start on a diet. I've got that. Where do I start with a blog about dieting? Specifically, what exactly am I going to put here? What part of my weight loss journey am I brave enough to put here for my friends and family (and maybe even strangers) to see? The thought scares the you-know-what out of me.

So, why am I doing it? I have to keep up with what I am doing somehow, and since keeping a paper and pencil journal never worked for me, I thought this would work. I need accountability. I need to put this in writing somewhere so that I can't just ignore my actions and pray they don't show up on the scale. Hopefully I'll have more successes to write about than mishaps I want to hide from.

No comments:

Post a Comment