Saturday, February 4, 2012

Weekends

Weekends usually are my downfall. I don't know why, they just are. I'm trying to make a conscious effort to not let this weekend throw me off balance. I didn't do too well last night. I ran to the store for a couple things before dinner (I was hungry) and came home with a chocolate cake. So, I've got to tap into every ounce of willpower within me to not eat anymore. I'm actually hope Patrick and the kids take care of it while I'm gone today. Sad, I know.

I did start my Saturday off right, though my knees weren't pleased with me. I got up this morning and went on a 1-mile walk. I know to many people one mile is nothing. To me, it's huge. I had surgery on my left knee back in November. (I fell back in June and injured my knee.) My right knee has hurt me off and on for years, but never consistently enough to need to do anything about it. It started hurting more consistently in January. Figures, huh? First of the year and my deductible isn't met now. I really don't want to have surgery on my right knee, so I'm hoping getting the weight off will take the pressure off my right knee and ease the pain.

Anyway, I'm really proud of myself for getting my walk in. About halfway my knees started bothering me, but I kept going. (My only other option was to sit down and wait for Patrick to get back from Home Depot.) It took me 24:16 to walk 1.08 miles. I hope to improve that time and distance, but for now, it's movement. It's more than I was doing. So I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment