Monday, February 3, 2014

Starting Over



I honestly feel like I need to start over. We just had a "snow week" here in Georgia. It snowed on Tuesday. The snow melted and then refroze, making for some pretty icy roads. School was basically out that week. I completely quit caring that week about diet and exercise. I drank Coke. Way to much Coke. I had cheesecake, brownies, and chocolate chip cookies. We had pizza and Chinese food. I just didn't stop myself. I indulged in comfort food. Oh, and then there was the Superbowl. Did I make healthy snacks? Heck no. So, I need to start over.

I could beat myself up over it. I could call myself every ugly name I can think of. But will that help me? Will it get this weight off? Will it encourage me? The answer, my friends, is no. No! No! No! It won't. All of that negative talk will not do me any good. So, I refuse to do it. What I will do instead is pick myself up right where I am and get moving in the right direction. Call it starting over. Call it moving through a setback. I don't care what you call it. But I'm not going to let a few days of no self-control define me or derail my efforts. I've got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment