Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Is My Year!

I'm starting 2011 with a new outlook. I got up this morning and hit the gym for two hours. I did Group Kick and Group Power. We weren't halfway through Kick and I thought my left arm was going to fall off. I could hardly lift it, that's how bad it hurt. But, I stuck it out and stayed for Power afterwards. It was a big discouraging to see how much muscle and endurance I have lost. I gave up sometime in 2010 and gained all the weight back that I had lost, plus some. Most of my clothes don't fit. I'm tired all the time. I've become lazy again.


But, that's going to change. Yeah, I know. Everyone makes New Year's Resolutions. I do it, too. And of course, just like most of those folks, I give up before February. My last post I said how I was starting early on my New Year's Resolution, and then I did nothing. That's sorta been the story of my life. I'm not making a resolution this year, but rather I'm going to claim 2011 as my year. This year it's about me. I know how that sounds, but I truly don't mean it that way. I'm not putting myself above my faith or my family. But, for the first time ever I'm truly making myself and my health a priority. If I don't, by January 1, 2012 I'll be 300 or 350 pounds. That's really not acceptable, and it's not what God or my family would want for my life. It's certainly not what I want for me.


I'm not going to make a huge goal. Why set myself up for failure? I'm working on mini goals this year instead of setting a big goal and getting discouraged when it takes too long to get there. Why say, I'm going to lose 100 or 150 pounds, and then give up when the weight doesn't just fall off? This isn't The Biggest Loser. I am not on a ranch, working out 8 hours a day, with only healthy food in the kitchen. This is life. If I lost 1 pound a week until I reach a healthy weight where I feel good and am happy, I'll accept that.


My first goal is to just fit back into the clothes that are too small for me - the ones that I wore in early 2010. Once I reach that goal, I'll set a new goal. How am I going to get there? I am participating in the 100 Days of Movement Challenge. For 100 days I'm committed to at least 30 minutes of exercise. I'll probably get more than that most days, but I'm committing to a minimum of 30 minutes. I'm also going to be very cautious about what I put in my mouth. I'm not set on any one program right now. All I'm focusing on is eliminating as much of the junk as I can and replacing it with better options.


That's it. That's all I've got right now. This is where I am. And this is my year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment