Well, I had a small weight loss this week.. only 0.8 this week. At first I was bummed. Seriously? The week before I had no idea exactly what I ate, was pretty sure I'd gone over points some days, and I lost over 3 pounds. This past week, while I wasn't perfect, I knew what I was eating. I expected more.
1. Many days I went to bed without having reached my points target. I would have 10 more points to eat on many days.
2. I lost. Period. I. Lost. Weight. Gotta remember that if I had gained 0.8 of a pound I'd have been ticked that I had gained almost a pound back. Yes. I lost almost a pound.
3. I ate Mexican the night before WI, and that may have caused me to retain water the following morning.
4. My three-week total weight loss is 9 pounds. And I'm pretty darn proud of that weight loss, too. It's the little things... they add up to make something big. I'm not going to lose 3-4 pounds each week, or be 150+ pounds lighter at the end of a year. I didn't gain this weight overnight, and it's certainly not going to drop off my body overnight, either.
5. I promised myself that I wouldn't go into a weigh-in each week with a number expectation in mind. I would do the absolute best that I could do, and whatever that number is I'd embrace it and keep on the journey.
So, while it may have "only" been 0.8 of a pound gone this week, every little bit adds up. I'm ecstatic to be only 1 pound away from a 10-pound weight "gone." (Doesn't saying "lost" imply that you need to find it? I don't want to find it. It's gone!)
Oh, can't forget... my pants were a little looser this morning. No, not loose as in "I need to go shopping" or "I can pull the next size down out of storage... I could just tell that they didn't hug my legs today like they did the last time I wore them. I'll take it!