Monday, August 8, 2011

Look Before You Leap

There are so many instances where the phrase "look before you leap" applies. But I couldn't help think about it today as I was checking out at Wal-Mart.

The temperature outside was 95 with a heat index of 103. (Yes, I know it's hotter in Texas.) I was so thirsty, and what do they so graciously put at every other cash register? Yep, a soda fridge. But this soda fridge didn't have Coke, Pepsi, or Dr. Pepper. Nope. It had root beer and cream soda.

I. Love. Cream. Soda.

I didn't even think twice before I opened that baby up and got myself one.

I didn't think twice as I started drinking it as soon as I got back in the van.

I was halfway done before I thought twice.

It was then that I realized... I should have looked before I leaped.

This bottle of cream soda had 310 calories and 77g carbs. No protein, no fiber, no fat. All that equaled 8 PPV (Weight Watcher's points). That's more points than I consumed at dinner tonight or breakfast this morning.

Oh boy.

Well, guess it's a good thing I had planned a light dinner tonight, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment