Sunday, August 7, 2011

Week 2... Success???

Yes, it's a question.

I did lose weight this past week, but can I really call the week a success? I think it was more luck than real success.

School started back this past Monday. I wish I could say that we just slipped into a wonderful routine, and I ate wonderfully and tracked it all. I didn't, though. I did great during the day, but at night I blew it. We gave in to being tired or stressed and ate out too much. I could have made good choices eating out, but I didn't.

I thought for sure I'd gain, so imagine my surprise when I lost 3.4 pounds. My two week total is 8.2 pounds gone.

I'm aiming this week to eat at home more (we can't afford to eat out anyway), take my lunch to work everyday, and try to get some exercise. Even a short walk is more than I have been doing. I'm aching to get back to the gym, but it's not in the budget. I'm making Weight Watchers be in the budget because I need the accountability, and I need to lose weight too badly to just keep ignoring it.

Morbid obesity isn't fun, and it isn't healthy. I'm at the point where I've finally come to terms with just how badly I need to get a grip on this. I know I'll be happier as my weight decreases. My family will be happier, too.

And I think we'll all be healthier. I'm hoping the changes I make in my life will positively influence my family to make better choices. I beamed today when the kids got excited that I was cutting up a watermelon.

I have to get a handle on this and keep moving forward. I can't give up. I need to be healthy, and I need to be a good role model for my children. So, week 3... here I come.

2 comments:

  1. you are doing awesome!!!!!! I better watch out, you are going to catch to my slow progress SOON. lol
    But I am very proud of you and even if you pass me its ok. I have issues in life but do not want to use that as an excuse but I do think the stress effects my progress. I will get there, hopefully soon I will be at 25 pounds which will be epic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it, Sharon! We'll just support each other all the way... I'll give you a kick in the rear when you need it, and you can give me a kick when I need it.

    ReplyDelete