Friday, July 12, 2013

Three Times This Week



Headed to the gym again this morning. Go me! Funny thing is, I wasn't going to go. My husband had some errands to run this morning, so I had decided I'd just go swimming later with the family.

Well, at 8:40 this morning I got a call from a friend asking if I wanted to go to the 9:30 BodyPump class. I'd already done this class twice this week, and I was still feeling the pain from it. I should say this is my first week back at the gym in a long time. This week I made a promise to myself to get this weight off and really take care of this body I live in. So, I checked with the hubby and he was OK with pushing back his errands.

I'm so glad I went. I don't hurt as bad as I thought I would after doing this class three times this week. I'm still hoping for a family trip to the neighborhood pool a little later on. Yesterday I did a whopping two laps. Today my goal is three laps. I have next to no endurance. Part of me feels embarrassed that I only did two laps, but the other part of me feels very accomplished. I'm working through this crazy idea that when I go to the neighborhood pool with the family that I can't do laps. I usually do more in the gym, but I think I have this gym mentality where I push myself more there. So yeah, it was only 2 laps, but I'm reworking the brain here, too. I'll take it!


See that area over to the right? That's a nice big area for swimming laps. I'll try to remember to take a better picture of it later to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment