Wednesday, June 12, 2013

No, you can't have it your way!

Burger King's slogan used to be (maybe still is?) something to the effect of "Have it your way."

And that right there pretty much sums up why diets don't work for me. I want to do it my way. I want to get the insight of the experts, but I want to put my own twist on it to make it fit with what I want to do, or in this case, eat. It happens every single time. I start off doing great. I might even lose weight the first couple of weeks. But after that, I decide that it'll be ok if I just add in a little of this or a little of that. I know the plan says no carbs with this meal, but really who is gonna know? I know I can only have so many points, but going out to eat tonight won't hurt - I mean, it's just one night (which really doesn't work when you do that a few times a week).

So, I think I've mentioned that I was reading Chris Powell's book, and his plan includes carb cycling. I caught myself doing it before even starting the plan. "Well, he says don't eat this, but I have it every day. And honestly, a tiny amount can't hurt." Yeah. It stopped me dead in my tracks. If I want the results, I'm going to have to do it right. I can't do it half-way but expect the most awesome results. Now, I'm not saying that every single day is going to be perfect. I'm going to screw it up. But if I'm intentionally straying from the plan each day so that my way of life isn't inconvenienced then I'm really not dedicated.

So, what do I want more? Do I want to get fit and healthy? Or do I want to eat bread every day? Would I like to lose the excess pounds, or would I rather have a Coca-Cola? Because you know, I can have whatever I want - I just have to decide what I want. I can't have both.

No comments:

Post a Comment