Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Try

Have you heard the song "Try" by Pink? Well, this song is not about going to the gym or trying to lose weight, but there is a part of the chorus that I swear I'm gonna post on my bathroom mirror.

"But just because it burns
Doesn't mean you're gonna die
You've gotta get up and try try try"


I can't count how many times I've given up because it's hard or it burns (you know, that feeling in your muscles??). I remember when I was running (I use this word very losely - it was more like a slow trot, but I was moving!) and my friend Lori was training me. She would have me run the short distance of just a few mailboxes, usually 2-4. I had trouble even on those short distances. Anyway, Lori had to constantly tell me that I wasn't going to die. I was still breathing, and the burn in my calves or the heavy breathing wasn't going to do me in. I wasn't going to die.

I had forgotten about that until I heard this song this morning. I really wasn't paying the song much attention.. I think it's about a breakup or something. But those lines really hit me.... taken out of context of the song,I'm gonna let them be my motivation each day to try, even when it burns.

No comments:

Post a Comment