Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day... Day 7



So first and foremost, Happy Father's Day to all the daddies out there. I hope you had a wonderful day. We woke up late for church, but we did manage to make it to the 11AM service. Hated we missed Sunday School, though. After church, we came home and chilled for a while. Our Father's Day present to my hubby was a family walk. That's actually what he wanted.



Today was a "reward day." It was actually hard at first to think along the lines of what I wanted to reward myself with. I ended up pretty much eating the same foods I had all week, only I mixed my carbs and fats. I also at a little more at my meals than I had been doing. My splurge was a mini bag of popcorn. I briefly thought of having some soda, but I wasn't ready to tempt myself with that yet. There's just too much sugar and soda addiction for me to feel comfortable with trying it. I haven't craved it all week, and I don't want to put it into my system only to let it drag me down next week.

So, I am gearing up to start week 2. My challenge next week is to start exploring options for meals to keep on track but that will allow me to change things up. I'm not bored yet, but I need to be ready so that boredom doesn't derail me. But so far, so good with attempting to retrain my brain to think about food as fuel and for serving a purpose rather than entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment