Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I cheated... but it's not what you think. Oh, and Carb Cycling - Day 3

Just a quick post tonight since it's almost 11PM, and I'm tired. I woke up a little late today, so my first meal wasn't until 9AM. That meant my last of five meals was at 9PM. Yikes! I don't eat meals that late, as a rule. Now junk food, sure. LOL

Today was a high-carb day for me. That just basically meant I didn't eat healthy fats, but rather I ate healthy carbs instead. I'm still learning this, so for my carbs I stuck with fruit. I feel like I have eaten so much today, but my calories stayed just over 1200 for the day. At some point I'll figure out how to balance it all out so that I'm eating a wider variety of foods. I'm not bored... yet. haha I'm not a creature of habit with food. I get bored if I eat the same thing over and over again. However, I'm trying to change my relationship with food. It's time to eat to live rather than living to eat.

The family headed out for a walk/bike ride this afternoon. The boy and I walked while hubby and the girl rode their bikes. It was hot as heck, but we got it done. I could feel ashamed for only being able to go about three-fourths a mile, but I'm not. I'm working to get stronger, fitter, and faster with more endurance. I look at it as a phenomenal start!



OK, so for my confession... I cheated. Here's what happened. I'm extremely impatient. I can't help it. I try to be patient, and sometimes I'm successful. Other times, I completely fail.

Today was one of those times.



I stepped on the scale. I'm not supposed to step on the scale until Saturday per the guidelines in the Choose More, Lose More for Life book by Chris Powell. I mean, I didn't totally blow the plan, but he says to stay off the scale and just weigh in once a week due to weight fluctuations throughout the week. I'm not gonna say what I saw when I looked at the scales, but providing it wasn't a fluke and I keep at it... Saturday I'm going to love posting my week 1 results.

1 comment: