Saturday, June 19, 2010

After the 5K

I've been asked, "Wasn't that fun?" I'm not sure fun is the word I'd use. I'm sure at some point, I'll enjoy it, but last night... no.

Don't get me wrong. It was a fantastic experience. I learned a little more about myself. I realized that while I've done a lot in a week, I've still got a long way to go. I am glad I did it - even though I walked most of it, and most of that I was moaning and groaning. My calves felt like they were on fire, but I finished.

I also learned I have some great friends. I had two phenomenal ladies who walked the entire 5K with me (because, let's face it - I walked a whole lot more than I ran). They wouldn't let me give up on myself. They had the determination for me that I wasn't sure I possessed. Then, there were the friends who were there near the end. They'd already finished a good bit earlier, but they were there to cheer me on. They were there to cheer me on to the finish. I've learned I am truly blessed.

Here are a few pictures from last night's 5K. It's called the Midnight Run for Missions. I hope they do this again next summer so I can compare June 18, 2010 with the same 5K a year later.


This is Lori, Gail, and me before the race.


Here we are!!!


This was Gail's and my first 5K, so we had to show off our first 5K t-shirt. :-)


I look like I'm having a great time. I was hurting. Either Lori or Gail told me I'd better smile or else I was not going to like the picture Patrick took. LOL


And... the finish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment