Thursday, June 17, 2010

Journey to a 5K, June 17, 2010

Week 2
Day 2

Ow! After three days in a row of run/walk, today hurt. This would make the fourth day this week that I've gotten up and gotten out.

I really wasn't feeling it today. I woke up feeling awful. Upset stomach. Nauseous. Tired. Sore. I was definitely dragging. I attempted to run/walk, but was nearly in tears. Lori compromised and said we'd walk the 3.1 miles, but we had to keep up the pace. So, that's what we did. (Almost. I slowed up a few times.)

I will be so glad when my muscles don't hurt like you-know-what. Lori and Patrick keep telling me that it gets better, but this morning was awful. I think it was as bad as the first day.

I'm glad I'm not getting up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to walk/run, but don't think I am not going to get one in tomorrow. I'm just doing it much later in the day. Actually, it's at night. I'll have more on that later... probably Saturday.

So, I did a 3.27 walk today in 1 hour 12 minutes. Every morning we go out, we've added a little more distance. If I can get the aches and cramps tamed, I'll be doing good.

I'm not complaining and I am not making light of what I've done. At the risk of sounding conceited, I feel like I've done a lot in a week's time. I'm doing something I've never done before. I've come a long way in a very short time period. I'm proud of myself and my accomplishments.

1 comment: