Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday AM Weigh-In, June 18

I have two places right now that I weigh in, but they are on different days and on different scales. I just started back to Weight Watchers meetings, and that weigh in is on Wednesdays. I also belong to an accountability group with my Atlanta Mommas friends. We post a our weekly weights on Friday, and I do that on my home scales.

You'd think those two scales would show similar weigh losses, even though the weights might not be the exact same, right? Ha! Nope. I can get on my scales at home on a Wednesday morning and have say a 2.8 pound loss, and by the afternoon when I weigh in at Weight Watchers it will be like a 1.4 from the previous week. I've come to not question or worry about it. I guess it has something to do with what I've eaten or not eaten during the day, or maybe I'm wearing heavier or lighter clothes from the previous week at WW. (Clothing isn't an issue at home, nor is having any food in my body because I weigh at home as soon as I've gotten up and gone to the bathroom.)

Anyway, I said all that to say.. if you are reading this and you see a weigh-in on Wednesday and again on Friday, I don't want you to wonder why I am posting two, or to think that I am so obsessive that I have to post weigh-ins every couple days.

I'm starting fresh this week. However, I am posting how much I've lost/gained since I started back in January, even though I've not stuck with it and basically yo-yo'd with the same 5-10 pounds since then. If I were at goal and working on maintaining, I'd be doing pretty good.

It's kind of embarrassing to think that I've been tracking my weight since January and have lost nearly nothing, but it is what it is. I can't change it. I can only move forward from where I am and try to do better. So... here goes.

Loss this week: 1.8
Total loss since 1/2/10: 4.6

2 comments:

  1. Tricia, a little tip about WW. When I did WW the leader told us to wear the same thing to every weigh in so that the clothes didn't mess with the weight thing too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but that was during the school year for me, so I was always dressed for work. I should have a standard outfit to change into even if I am not wearing it that day, huh?

    ReplyDelete